• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Reducing muscle mass

What did u do to put on the muscle in the first place?

Calves are hard to build out. So if yours are muscular, you should consider yourself lucky. A big upper body with scrawny little legs looks sooo bad. I think you should focus on building your upper body to create symmetry instead of trying to lose the muscularity in your legs. Running and aerobics will burn calories and slim you down, so just alternate upper body weight training with running or aerobics every other day.

Calves are hard to build out. So if yours are muscular, you should consider yourself lucky. A big upper body with scrawny little legs looks sooo bad. I think you should focus on building your upper body to create symmetry instead of trying to lose the muscularity in your legs. Running and aerobics will burn calories and slim you down, so just alternate upper body weight training with running or aerobics every other day.

nah ive already tried upper body building, i didnt like the results.

just chill and forget about it, your body will adjust over time as it no longer need the muscle,

but i do need the muscle haha, i just want it to be smaller:D

... does not compute... what is this, I don't even.... huh??? 8o

Anyway, your motives aside, calorie deficit diet + endurance/cardio training will melt away those hard-earned muscles. Maybe ask rm-rf, he dropped a lot of muscle mass for his martial arts training.

Though seriously, as AfterGlow mentioned you should consider yourself lucky. Growing your calf muscles is difficult unless you have naturally large ones (are short, or overweight, neither of which you are).

... does not compute... what is this, I don't even.... huh??? 8o

Anyway, your motives aside, calorie deficit diet + endurance/cardio training will melt away those hard-earned muscles. Maybe ask rm-rf, he dropped a lot of muscle mass for his martial arts training.

Though seriously, as AfterGlow mentioned you should consider yourself lucky. Growing your calf muscles is difficult unless you have naturally large ones (are short, or overweight, neither of which you are).

alright i think ill go with your idea.

does it matter what time of day to do the cardio?

^ not really. There's one school of thought that encourages cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning to maximise fat loss, but it can be harder to get motivated and stick through a long workout that way. Note you shouldn't eat anything big in the 45 minutes before exercising anyway.

I hear you mgmt&mdma - I want to reduce my upper body muscle mass - just a bit too much for me!

So it's less boxing and more running.

... calorie deficit diet + endurance/cardio training will melt away those hard-earned muscles. Maybe ask rm-rf, he dropped a lot of muscle mass for his martial arts training.
This works. Do cardio 1 or more hours a day several days a week. After a few weeks, adjust your workout depending on the results you will be getting. Don't forget to stretch.
And, at age 16, you are probably still growing. Even if you do nothing, maybe your thigh bones will grow longer and make you look less bulky..

This works. Do cardio 1 or more hours a day several days a week. After a few weeks, adjust your workout depending on the results you will be getting. Don't forget to stretch.
And, at age 16, you are probably still growing. Even if you do nothing, maybe your thigh bones will grow longer and make you look less bulky..

yeah im gonna go with this, thanks;)

and what about diet-wise? how long should i wait prior/post run to eat?